Our client is a rapidly growing Financial Services company currently with 300 employees in offices in London, New York and Australia. Because of business growth, they have created a brand new role for a Vendor Manager to join their new offices in London.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a highly professional organisation, alongside high-performing stakeholders, and in a green field role. The company culture is ambitious and passionate and there is the opportunity to shape this role.
In this stand-alone role, you must be happy to work both strategically and hands-on. In time (12 months), you may be able to recruit one direct report. The purpose of the role is to help oversee existing and future vendor relationships.
What you will be doing:
- Build an understanding of the current vendor landscape, by working cross-functionally with internal stakeholders
- Ensure that adequate contracts, licensing agreements and service targets are in place for all existing 3rd party contracts
- Define and implement a standard vendor operating model to ensure consistent reporting of KPI’s for Regulatory and Compliance purposes. Create and implement effective vendor management processes and systems, i.e. contract repository, robust contracts, etc.
- Develop effective partnerships with relevant vendor contacts and internal stakeholders/business partners to identify and implement additional value via commercial value or on-going innovation.
- Drive continuous improvements in behaviour and performance with 3rd parties through service meetings and ensuring targets are met
- Work through contract language/details with the Legal teams
- Provide best practice knowledge for vendor on-boarding processes and management of vendors
- Ensure all supplier governance is in place with new and existing vendors and communicate policy and procedures for vendor management
- Provide vendor industry insight and analysis to the Executive leadership team
Skills and experience required:
- Demonstrable experience in Vendor Management, preferably within a Financial or Professional Services company
- Experience of working in a green field function, and creating vendor management processes, is an advantage
- Experience of managing vendor contracts and negotiating new contracts
- Strong stakeholder management experience with experience of working with senior business leaders
- Content to work strategically and operationally
- Clear and confident communication skills with excellent listening skills
- Analytical skills
- Graduate calibre
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role. Our client is unable to support Visa Applications/sponsorship
|Salary||£60,000 - £75,000|
|Bonus||up to 30%|
|Other Benefits||on-site gym, free fruit daily|