Our client is a small, but truly dynamic, Food business who are responsible for the creation of award winning healthy and fresh food dishes. This ambitious business supplies to all the major UK supermarkets, as well as other mainstream retailers, and has plans to expand globally.
They have an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain and Logistics Manager to join them in beautiful offices in central London.
The role will report directly to the UK MD and be responsible for a range of supply chain and logistics activities including forecasting and planning, working with manufacturers, contract-packers and customers, managing order systems and budget management.
The business is going through a transformation and the Supply Chain and Logistics Manager will be heavily involved in this. This will include reviewing every aspect of the customer proposition and production including packaging, ingredients and recipe design, production efficiencies as well as sourcing new contract manufacturers.
What you will be doing:
- Managing a small team in Supply Chain, including mentoring and training
- Working closely with Sales and Marketing teams to forecast and plan stock requirements
- Engaging with manufacturers and customers to ensure the continual supply of products to retailers and other end customers
- Ensuring the continuous improvement of manufacturing performance
- Working closely with the Product team to improve quality standards and product specifications
- Stock forecasting and planning
- Managing the stock ordering system and ensuring data integrity
- Managing finished goods and raw materials (ingredients) at agreed levels
- Managing 3PL service providers
- Supplier relationship management and on-boarding of new suppliers
- Contract negotiation and management
- P&L and budget management and reporting
- Project management and delivery of supply chain and logistics change initiatives
Skills and experience required:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role, in Supply Chain and Operations (planning, forecasting, etc.), gained in the Food/FMCG sector, preferably with experience of supply to supermarkets
- Graduate calibre
- People management skills
- Energetic, with a passion for best practice supply chain and innovation, in order to help business growth
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Commercially astute with proven experience in growing the profitability and operational performance of a business
- Able to build relationships and communicate clearly
|Job Category||Supply Chain|
|Salary||£50,000 - £60,000|
|Bonus||Up to 10%|