Our client is a prominent Food organisation with a global footprint. They are a renowned and reputable brand with an agile and busy company culture but with a huge emphasis on people development and work/life balance. They have a requirement for a Senior Purchasing Manager for the Equipment and Decor category.
Reporting into the Head of Equipment Purchasing, this is a hands-on delivery and people leadership role. You will lead a team of 3 Purchasing Managers, based in the UK. The category spend across Europe includes equipment including white goods, ovens, crockery, furniture, etc as well as fixtures and fittings.
What you will be doing:
- Leading, motivating and developing a team of Buyers to ensure category management strategies are developed and delivered
- Team management including objective setting, development plans, etc.
- Being hands-on in developing and delivering category strategies yourself, including negotiation, managing suppliers, strategic sourcing, managing risk, etc.
- Working closely with key stakeholders across Europe, up to Board level
- Bringing commercial skillset to deliver profit through more than just price negotiation
Skills and experience required:
- Solid experience in purchasing finished products, preferably related to fixtures, fittings, equipment or similar – at least 7 years’ experience – gained in a complex and international business. Experience in the Restaurant or Food sectors is an advantage.
- Experience of working in a service-oriented organisation with demanding customers
- Degree calibre
- Some experience in people management
- Happy to be a people manager AND a hands-on purchasing professional
- Able to bring commercial rigour to deliver profit
- Excellent communication and influencing skills and not afraid to challenge and push back, when required
|Car allowance or car||£8,160|
|Other Benefits||Excellent working culture and career development|