Our client is a reputable and prestigious Services business that is going through a period of transformation, under new ownership, and re-building the Procurement function.
With the arrival of a new CPO (with Board level representation), there is a significance focus on transforming the Procurement function to improve processes, systems, resources and business engagement. They have created a new role for a Senior Procurement Manager to lead the Marketing and Corporate Services categories, and manage a team.
You will influence a varied and challenging spend area in Marketing (digital, brand, media planning and buying, creative, direct mail and revenue generation) and Corporate Services (HR and FM) – a spend of c£80m.
It’s ideally suited to an ambitious and charismatic procurement professional looking for a large, green field challenge and people leadership role. You must enjoy transformation, building business engagement and business partnering. This role is NOT about chipping away at prices, it’s about challenging stakeholders, problem solving and look at how procurement can support the overall business objectives.
This role can be based UK-wide but you must be flexible to go into the Basingstoke office potentially once per week.
What you will be doing:
- Lead and manage a team of 2 direct reports but remain hands-on in delivery
- Devise and implement procurement category strategies, gaining business alignment
- Building cross-functional project teams to help manage and deliver against the procurement strategies
- Working closely with Director level stakeholders and regularly updating key teams
- Conducting complex sourcing initiatives
- Proactively interrogate budgets to identify opportunities and risk
Skills and experience required:
- An experienced Procurement professional, able to demonstrate clear career progression
- Experience in the Marketing category is essential
- Leadership qualities and able to provide direction and communicate effectively
- A track record of building procurement strategies, aligned to business requirements and delivering successfully against these
- Capable of working in a change and transformation culture and in a green-field environment
- Out-going, confident and thrives in an entrepreneurial culture
- Graduate calibre
|Salary||£65,000 - £75,000|