Our client is a reputable and prestigious Services business that is going through a period of transformation, under new ownership, and re-building the Procurement function.
With the arrival of a new CPO (with Board level representation), there is a significance focus on transforming the Procurement function to improve processes, systems, resources and business engagement. They have created a new role for a Senior Procurement Manager to lead the Fleet category, and manage a small procurement team.
You will influence a large and challenging category including, vans, cars, technology related to vans, uniforms, tools and parts. In addition, you will manage a network of outsourced garage providers. This is an overall spend of £100m+ with a large focus on next generation fleet including electric vehicles and make versus buy.
It’s ideally suited to an ambitious and charismatic procurement professional looking for a large, green field challenge and people leadership role. You must enjoy transformation, building business engagement and business partnering. This role is NOT about chipping away at prices, it’s about challenging specifications, looking at make versus buy as well as automation and challenging the supply chain and SRM.
The office location is Basingstoke, but you can working flexibly, ideally coming into the office once per week.
What you will be doing:
- Lead and manage a team of 2 direct reports but remain hands-on in delivery
- Devise and implement procurement category strategies, gaining business alignment
- Building cross-functional project teams to help manage and deliver against the procurement strategies
- Working closely with Director level stakeholders, across multiple business units, and regularly updating key teams
- Conducting complex sourcing initiatives
- Driving cost reduction through operational efficiencies, especially around supplier relationship management
- Proactively interrogate budgets to identify opportunities and risk
- Total Cost of Ownership modelling to define optimal cost structures.
Skills and experience required:
- An experienced Procurement professional, able to demonstrate clear career progression
- Experience in the Fleet category is essential
- Leadership qualities and able to provide direction and communicate effectively
- A track record of building procurement strategies, aligned to business requirements and delivering successfully against these
- Experience of delivering cost reduction through operational efficiencies – outsourcing versus in-sourcing; make versus buy; strategic SRM, etc.
- Capable of working in a change and transformation culture and in a green-field environment
- Out-going, confident, innovative and thrives in an entrepreneurial culture
- Graduate calibre
|Salary||£65,000 - £75,000|