Our client is a dynamic and progressive FTSE business that is going through a large business transformation because they are growing internationally through acquisitions and investing in new technology – it’s an exciting place to work! They have a requirement for a Senior Marketing Procurement Manager to be based in London or Gibraltar.
The position will report into the Head of Marketing Procurement and lead on all Media spend globally. The role will have 1 direct report. Procurement is a highly regarded function in the business and reports into the Board plc. Marketing procurement influences a spend of at least £500m, across multiple brands globally.
You will create short/mid/long-term optimisation strategies aligned to the objectives of the business as well as playing an active role in the Procurement marketing leadership team. This will include input into the function’s strategy and transformation agenda.
What will you be doing?
• Become the “go to” person for commercially related matters regarding Marketing Procurement and engage with the Marketing Executive to understand business strategies
• Manage, lead and mentor a Category Manager
• Obtain a holistic view of the spend and supplier base across the Group (all markets and brands/business unit) and identify synergies
• Build a cutting-edge knowledge of the supply base, market trends and provide valuable insight for the Marketing stakeholders
• Understand critical areas for innovation and build a pipeline of opportunities to be shared with the supplier community
• Operate agile and commercial processes, including strategy creation, implementation and benefit delivery. There will be a large focus on supplier management, managing Return on Investment and enabling innovation
• Build a clear picture of the category with opportunities for synergies and consolidations
The company is expanding globally and this will provide further challenges.
Skills and experience required:
• Graduate calibre Procurement lead with a solid understanding of the Marketing category. Experience in Media is an advantage. Other procurement category experience will also be considered if combined with a passion for Marketing procurement
• A self-starter, used to working in an agile and fast paced culture and can balance process with agility
• Proven experience of influencing (NOT just responding to) senior stakeholders
• Exceptional commercial experience, able to build cost structures and compare products across suppliers
• Experience in Total cost of ownership (TCO) modelling to define optimal cost structures and value optimisation
• Highly organised, ambitious, analytical and delivery focused
|Salary||£70,000 - £75,000|
|Other Benefits||Private healthcare|