Our client is a market leading Food Manufacturer (FMCG) with multiple manufacturing sites across the UK, Europe and the Nordics, and growing rapidly through acquisition. Their company culture is fast moving with a focus on learning and development, and they are on a journey to build a ‘best in class’ Indirects procurement function. They are now seeking a European Category Buyer to lead on MRO spend and join their Indirects procurement team.
Working in a Group role, across multiple brands and manufacturing sites, and in a centralised Procurement function, you will have the opportunity to work across a range of strategic sourcing projects aligned to expenditure in MRO, logistics, utilities and cap-ex. Due to recent company acquisitions, there are plenty of opportunities to create sourcing strategies to look at consolidation, rationalisation and leveraging of spend.
You will work closely with stakeholders in the factories across the world and influence senior stakeholders including Factory Managers, Finance Managers and Engineering Managers, supporting them with their budgets commercially and helping them buy more efficiently.
You will be kept busy and challenged by working, and delivering, on sub-category strategies. For example, this might be leveraging opportunity on temporary labour across factories or building a procurement strategy for MRO and spare parts to help reduce inventory.
The company offers hybrid working – 1 to 2 days per week in the office, with some international travel expected.
What will you be doing:
• Own and execute strategic sourcing plans aligned to business needs and overall objectives
• Manage and develop a network of supplier relationships ensuring value across quality, service, cost and innovation
• Own and maintain key stakeholder relationships across all levels, across multiple UK, European and Nordic factories
Skills and experience required:
• A graduate calibre procurement professional with at least 2 years’ experience in one of the following spend areas: Facilities Management (FM) or cap-ex or MRO or logistics or utilities
• Proven experience in end to end procurement process including strategic sourcing and confident negotiation skills
• The ability to understand a manufacturing environment and the challenges that factories face
• Experience of working in an international company culture is preferable
• European language skills are an advantage but not essential
• Clear and confident communication skills and able to build relationships quickly
• Keen to learn and develop a career with a market leading FMCG business and help steer a Procurement functions towards best in class
|Salary||£50,000 - £55,000|
|Other Benefits||Private healthcare|