One of the world’s leading retail e-commerce brands has created a new opportunity for a Procurement Project Manager to join the Procurement Development and Operations team. If you’re passionate about designing and implementing procurement tools and processes, helping drive procurement automation, and enjoy working in a project driven role, this is an ideal opportunity for you.
The company culture is ambitious, fast moving, sociable and rewarding. Because of company growth, there is investment in new systems and processes to drive efficiencies, enable savings opportunities and improve controls in the source to contract and procure to pay processes.
This is a 14 month fixed term contract but there is a strong likelihood that it will go permanent. The company offers dynamic working, with 2 to 3 days per week in the office.
What will you be doing?
As the Procurement Project Manager, you propose and manage the delivery of projects as well as helping enforce the wider procurement policy by winning “hearts and minds”. Examples of projects include digital tools through to PCards, ensuring that the right technology is enabled. You will deliver operational excellence by leveraging Lean principles and delivering a seamless internal customer experience. There will be diverse stakeholder engagement including the Procurement Category Team, Finance Technology, Finance Change and 3rd party suppliers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Propose scope, identify benefits and agree prioritisation
- Identify project stakeholders and appropriate project governance
- Build and manage a project plan including time and cost
- Build appropriate audit and controls
- Lead the project (and any virtual team resource) to achieve the agreed project scope
- Monitor the plan, budget as well as risks
- Track and communicate project status
- Design and deliver change and education materials
- Transition project deliverables to BAU
- Assessing current technology and inputting into the global procurement technology blueprint and roadmap. Input into the automation agenda and implementation and implement new technology solutions
- Support with end to end procurement process, running RFIs, RFPs, etc.
Skills and experience required
- A track record in delivering Procurement solutions – systems, tools, technology change projects, for example, delivering systems implementations such as purchase or source to pay (P2P or S2P, including workshops, build, test, etc projects), gained in a fast moving organisation
- Project planning skills and use of Lean principles
- Experience in Procurement strategy and policy and governance is useful
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, with the ability to challenge the modus operandi
- Able to effectively articulate and present complex information and risks to non-technical/non-process focused users
- Solid commercial acumen, with a blend of strategic thinking and delivery
- Graduate calibre/MBA is an advantage
|Salary||Up to £72,000|
|Holidays||25 days + birthday|
|Fixed Term Duration||14 Months|