One of the most exciting global e-commerce Retailers is expanding and has created a new role for a Procurement Category Manager, Supply Chain to join their dynamic and creative group Procurement team.
This is a superb opportunity to work in a progressive and ever-changing but sometimes chaotic (because of the pace of change) company culture where the procurement spend is evolving and growing and Supply Chain at the forefront of the business. Procurement is consistently looking at ways to support the business and drive forward innovation and Procurement is at the heart of the organisation.
Reporting into the Head of Procurement for Supply Chain & Logistics, you will support and contribute towards the vision to bring procurement excellence to the team.
This role will work with operations and stakeholders across the UK, Europe and North America. The specific focus is sourcing for on-going operational spend within the fulfilment and returns operations, covering both capex and opex. The company is opening a new site (£90m investment), in the UK, which will be operational in 12 months and this role will have a significant involvement in this too.
- Lead and deliver Supply Chain category strategies to ensure the success of the fulfilment and returns operations. Spend will include lighting, sprinklers, catering, cleaning, pallets, managing 3PLs that provide labour, etc.
- Act as a commercial lead for supplier contacts
- Negotiate best fit solutions to meet business needs
- Engage and manage senior stakeholder relationships across Supply Chain, Technology, Global Trade, Retail and Finance. Working closely with Project Managers and budget-holders to ensure the time and effective engagement of supply chain projects.
The ideal applicant:
- A solid track record in Supply Chain procurement and a good understanding of warehouses, logistics and broader supply chain challenges
- A self-motivated, level-headed and positive approach
- Experience gained in a fast moving, high pressure company culture where you have had to build procurement process and no two days are the same
- A passion, and experience in, driving best practice procurement transformation programmes
- A track record of delivering savings and service targets is imperative
- Highly developed communication skills and a proven track record of managing and collaborating with senior stakeholder relationships internally and externally
- Flexibility to think strategically but have a hands on, pragmatic approach
|Salary||£55,000 - £65,000|
|Bonus||Up to 12%|
|Other Benefits||£5,500 cash allowance, private healthcare|