Our client is a medium sized Technology company that has built an innovative and revolutionary piece of software. They have a blue-chip client base and offices in the UK and USA, with expansion happening in Europe. They are also about to float on the NASDAQ. Their culture is agile, innovative and about getting things done – if you like to work in an entrepreneurial company, then this will suit you!
In early 2021, they started to build a Procurement function and hired a Global Head of Procurement. She is now looking to bring in a Procurement Specialist to focus on driving and delivering cost optimisation across a growing spend of c£40m. The spend leans heavily towards technology but will also include non-IT professional services (consultancy, legal etc.) and marketing.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a green-field procurement role with no restrictions on categories, how you drive cost optimisation and how you shape the role. There will be opportunities for you to get involved in other areas of Procurement, for example, systems or corporate social responsibility. You will also support the Global Head of Procurement with the rollout of the procurement foundations for the business including the procurement policy, supplier due diligence, etc.
The company offers a flexible working policy and excellent benefits including stock options, the last Friday of every month off and £80 taxi credit per month.
What you will be doing:
- Manage and analyse the spend, driving and delivering cost optimisation through supplier consolidation, longer term contracts with discounts, leveraging suppliers internationally, etc.
- Manage all phases of strategic sourcing projects or contract renewals as required – data gathering, stakeholder engagement, supplier identification, RFPs, negotiations, contract implementation and management
- Train and guide stakeholders on how to buy effectively, providing expert advice on purchasing terms, conditions and contracts
- Support the Global Head of Procurement and stakeholders in the generation and execution of annual savings plans and develop and lead negotiations for agreed spend areas to achieve targets
Skills and experience required:
- Graduate calibre with up to 3 or 4 years’ procurement experience, in indirect spend
- Experience in the end to end procurement process from data gathering through to contract implementation and management
- An awareness of category planning is beneficial
- Excellent negotiation skills and not afraid to challenge suppliers
- A self-starter who is confident in their own ability, approachable and able to build relationships
|Salary||£50,000 - £60,000|
|Holidays||25 days + birthday|
|Other Benefits||Stock options, £80 taxi credit per month, pension, healthcare, last Friday of every month off, £400 per annum working from home allowance|