Our client is a rapidly expanding Information Services business with 9 offices across 8 countries. They have around 900 employees, have experienced double digit growth year on year and have regularly been ranked as one of the fastest growing companies in the world as well as one of the best companies to work for.
Because of business growth, they require a dedicated Procurement Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to be the first person in the Procurement function, be a strategic partner to the business but be prepared to deliver yourself. The company culture is agile, innovative, ambitious and collaborative – they are looking for someone to mirror these values and attributes.
What will you be doing?
- The role requires someone who is comfortable balancing strategic and tactical procurement activity. You will need to create order and process but handle ambiguity because the company is growing rapidly. In time (in 12 months), there will be the opportunity to hire additional headcount but, initially, you must be happy in a stand-alone role.
- You will work with stakeholders across multiple offices including New York, Hong Kong, Dubai, Shanghai and Hamburg to identify best practice procurement (process and systems) and implement intelligent and efficient processes globally. You will also run end to end procurement processes yourself, as well as assisting stakeholders with criteria scoping, RFP design, etc. across a range of Indirect spend including HR & Professional Services, FM, IT, Marketing and Telecoms.
- The role reports into the VP of Global Operations who, along with other key stakeholders in Finance, Legal and Operations, will look to you as the go-to resource to drive efficient and value optimised contracted procurement.
Skills and experience required:
- Up to 6 years’ Procurement experience, gained in a fast-paced environment, preferably a Professional Services or Services business, although other industry sectors will be considered
- Graduate calibre essential (Bachelor’s Degree)
- Experience in a range of Indirect spend categories with solid negotiation and contract management skills. Some experience to IT procurement is an advantage
- A resourceful self-starter with strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Able to take a pragmatic approach to identifying the highest areas of focus, then designing and following well-considered plans to unlock value
- Confident and succinct communication skills and not afraid to working as a sparring partner across all functions, levels and regions of the business
- A tolerance for ambiguity – able to balance strategic and operational procurement
|Salary||Up to £78,000|
|Pension||Up to 4% matched|
|Other Benefits||Private medical scheme, free breakfast, iPhone, corporate rates gym membership, sponsored sports teams|