Our client is a small, but growing, Procurement Consultancy who support clients in cost reduction and managing risk in their supply chains.
They have a requirement for a Procurement Manager/Consultant to work exclusively for one of their Manufacturing clients. This is an excellent opportunity for an up-and-coming, graduate calibre procurement professional to learn about procurement consultancy but also use your strategic sourcing skills, in order to support the Manufacturing client achieve cost reduction and improve their procurement processes across direct and indirect spend.
This role will be a blend of strategic and tactical procurement work. The Manufacturing client is going through a period of transformation and every day will offer you a variety of challenges. You must be happy to work in a culture where there are not always processes in place!
In time, you will have the opportunity to work for other clients, through the Procurement Consultancy, and continue to develop your skill-set in procurement transformation.
What you will be doing:
- Supplier analysis and supplier relationship management
- Strategic sourcing of new products and services (spend includes product like glass and timber as well as services like cleaning, temporary labour, etc.)
- Negotiate terms as well as rebates and credits
- Conduct contract reviews
Skills and experience required:
- Graduate calibre procurement professional with up to 5 years’ experience, preferably in direct and indirect spend categories
- Able to run a strategic sourcing project
- Ambitious with good communication and influencing skills
- Calm under pressure and a good problem-solver
- Experience of working in a change management/transformation culture is preferred
- Keen to learn about procurement consultancy
|Salary||£45,000 - £60,000|