Our client is one of the UK’s leading transport providers with a culture that is innovative and focused on delivering an exceptional customer experience. They have an opportunity for a Procurement Category Manager to manage a multi-million pound engineering-related spend.
The engineering category includes engineering spare parts, materials, technology and cap-ex such as glass, lights, panels, technology (CCTV, cameras, destination equipment etc.) and electronics, maintenance services, tyres etc. This is a challenging role because the “low hanging fruit” has been picked so you will not be able to just run tenders to deliver value, but will need to think creatively about the category, applying value engineering, TCO, etc. methodologies. This is a proactive procurement role and you’ll need to seek out ways to deliver sustainable cost reduction, operational supply management efficiencies/supplier performance improvements via a formal contract management programme.
Working with UK wide stakeholders, you’ll be influencing people who are experts in their field including Engineering Directors, Group IT, Finance, Health & Safety etc.
What will you be doing:
- Develop and lead breakthrough category strategies using advanced category management tools
- Understand full life-cycle costs and develop appropriate cost/procurement models to decision making and performance reporting
- Develop flexible and robust supplier networks and drive competition, development and rationalisation, where appropriate
- Develop supplier and supply market intelligence to inform category strategies and work with internal stakeholders to provide expertise
Skills and experience required:
- At least 4 years’ proven procurement category management skills, with some experience in engineering, cap-ex, MRO or similar
- The ability to find and creative opportunities, using value engineering techniques, etc. to deliver benefits
- Accomplished influencing and relationship building skills, able to work cross-functionally in a business
- Solid sourcing, negotiation and supplier contract management skills
- Strong analytical and financial capability
- A proven track record of achievements and delivering results (must be evident in a CV)
- controlled hubs
- Experience of working in the Engineering or transport sectors or similar is an advantage
- Self-starter, able to work against broad objectives
- Enthusiastic and keen to deliver continuous improvement
- Committed, resilient and tenacious
- Flexible to travel to various locations across the UK, when required
|Salary||£60,000 - £65,000|
|Pension||Yes, employer 6% and employee 3%|