Our client is a small, but growing, Procurement Consultancy who support clients in cost reduction and managing risk in their supply chains.
They have a requirement for a Procurement Analyst/Junior Consultant to work exclusively for one of their Manufacturing clients. This is an excellent opportunity for a bright graduate calibre professional to learn about Procurement and develop a career in procurement consultancy.
Working as part of the Procurement Consultancy’s team on the client site (with some remote working too), you will support the Procurement team with a variety of responsibilities.
The Manufacturing client is going through a period of transformation and every day will offer you a variety of challenges. You must be happy to work in a culture where there are not always processes in place!
In time, you will have the opportunity to work for other clients, through the Procurement Consultancy, and continue to develop your skill-set in procurement transformation.
What you will be doing:
- Acquire, process and share data from various sources in an organised and logical manner using Excel and SharePoint and converting data into management information (MI)
- Help to develop and implement effective KPIs and tracking systems, then build/automate reports to monitor them on an ongoing basis
- Provide business analysis support to senior Consultants and Managers and act as a point of escalation for all analysis activities
- Support on strategic sourcing activity including negotiation and contract management
- Able to work with Executive and key senior stakeholders to help build common understanding of commercial decisions and their impacts
Skills and experience required:
- Graduate calibre and able to show competency and initiative gained through work experience or university
- Able to demonstrate an interest in Procurement
- Proficiency in analytical tools, especially Excel (pivot tables, etc.)
- Able to collect, validate and analyse data to find conclusions, solving problems as they occur
- Able to present findings in an understandable form, writing or speaking clearly while communicating complex ideas to people across functions
- Able to quickly develop positive relationships with stakeholders to improve data gathering, and influence based on findings
- Effective time management and/or project management skills to balance multiple and competing priorities
|Salary||£25,000 - £30,000|