Our client is a leading, mid-size UK Services company and they have a requirement for an IT Category Manager to join their Procurement team.
The Procurement team is introducing category management and strategic supplier relationship management, so this is an exciting time to join. The team is dynamic and sociable in culture. As a Category Manager, you will focus on delivering commercial value through category management and sourcing activities across a range of IT spend, including software and SaaS, hardware, IT services, networks and telco.
- Utilise strategic sourcing, demand management and SRM techniques to deliver operational and cost improvements
- Proactively interrogate IT budgets to identify opportunity
- Build and lead cross functional project teams to address initiatives identified
- Own vendor management through utilisation of MI, governance structure, KPI’s and SRM to drive incremental improvement
- Communicate and influence stakeholders to Departmental Director level to gain commitment to the Category Plan and associated initiatives
- Using stakeholder and supplier networks, identify continuous improvement and step-change opportunities to product and service specifications
- Manage all business as usual activity such as supplier selection, supplier set-up, contract terms, negotiation strategies and business improvement plans
- Working with stakeholders, identify and quantify trade-offs between cost, quality and service and develop alternative options
- Develop and deliver process and policy improvement where applicable
Skills and experience required
- 5 years’ + experience in IT procurement
- Experience in the telco and networks category is an advantage
- End to end knowledge of the strategic sourcing process and SRM
- Consultative communication style and able to build strong stakeholder relationships across all levels of an organisation
- Strong verbal and written influencing skills
- Robust commercial awareness and analytical thinking skills
This role will be based on site in Horley, Surrey but you must be flexible to spend 1 day per week in Portsmouth. There is also an option for flexible home working 1 to 2 days per week.
|Salary||55,000 - 65,000|
|Holidays||25 days and option to buy/sell|
|Other Benefits||Flexible working arrangements|