Our client is a dynamic and agile FTSE business that is recognised for its many leading brands in the Leisure sector. They have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Technology Procurement to be part of the senior Procurement leadership team.
This is an excellent time to join a successful business which is focused on cost effective growth, new markets as well as product acquisitions. It will suit somebody who enjoys strategy but is happy to remain hands-on in delivery.
The position will report into the Group Procurement Director and manage a team of 3 direct reports. You will optimise 3rd party IT spend across the Group, through the creation of short/mid/long-term optimisation strategies aligned to the objectives of the business. This will include:
- Scoping out all historic and future IT spend (software, hardware, cloud, outsourcing, applications development/management) – c£200m and growing, with a focus on future technology expansion into new markets
- Engaging and working in partnership with the IT community and as an integral part of the CIO office
- Regular engagement with C-suite stakeholders, including the COO, on business efficiency programmes
- Creating an IT procurement strategy, ensuring commercial tension and a clear roadmap of activity, across global markets
- Financial reporting of cost improvements on a P&L basis, interpreting cap-ex, op-ex, depreciation and cash flow
- Building a cutting edge knowledge of the supply base, providing informed insights to the IT community
- Understand critical areas for technology innovation and build a pipeline of IT innovation opportunities to be shared with the supplier community
- Build a clear picture of global assets with opportunities for synergies and consolidations
- Develop and manage a small, high performing team of direct reports as well as being happy to deliver and remain hands-on
The company is expanding globally and this will provide further challenges in North America and Australia.
Who should apply?
- A solid track record in shaping IT/technology procurement solutions, with solid IT infrastructure experience
- The right cultural fit – someone who is a self-starter, used to working in an agile and fast paced culture but can balance process with agility
- Proven experience of influencing (NOT just responding to) C-level stakeholders
- Exceptional commercial experience including strategy creation, implementation and benefit delivery
- Experience in Total cost of ownership (TCO) modelling to define optimal cost structures
- Able to build a matrix commercial IT community with alignment around value optimisation strategies
- Excellent people and influencing skills across all levels of an organisation
- Highly organised and ambitious
- Graduate calibre/MBA is essential
|Salary||£90,000 - £110,000|
|Other Benefits||Private Healthcare|