An opportunity has arisen for a Head of Procurement to join a medium-sized, global business on an 8 month fixed term contract to cover maternity leave. You must be available to start employment by mid-September 2021.
This is a hands-on leadership role and you must be happy to manage a small team of 3 Procurement professionals (based in the UK, Hong Kong and Bangkok) whilst owning and delivering category strategies for spend like FM/property (lease renewals etc.) and IT and cap-ex.
The Procurement function was established in mid-2019 and is still on a journey to move from locally driven procurement to global strategic spend management. Procurement is working cross-functionally to help drive the change.
Reporting into the COO, the Head of Procurement will lead and mentor the team to ensure the creation and development of category strategies for key spend areas; integrate Procurement’s sourcing activity within the budget holder’s spend management activity; ensure cost targets are met; manage risk; engage with senior stakeholders to raise the profile of Procurement as well as deliver category strategies.
What will you be doing:
- Development the Procurement team and help the team develop an influencing skill set
- Promote awareness of, and engagement with, Procurement with senior cross-functional and multi-site (global) stakeholders, and develop new integration ideas – stakeholder behaviour has been locally driven, with limited understanding of category management, so change management remains a challenge
- Be accountable for the sourcing management of key spend categories including supporting the delivery of savings and supplier performance objectives
- Lead on some cap-ex purchases and costings which will involve contract management, looking at the internal performance as well as the value chain and value for money.
Skills and experienced required:
- An experienced procurement professional (could be a Senior Category Manager or Procurement Manager looking for a step up into a leadership role) with experience in a multi-cultural organisation, and able to work cross-culturally
- Experience in the following industry sectors is an advantage – aviation, logistics, automotive, car rental, repair or industrial manufacturing
- Proven experience of engaging and motivating small teams
- Proven experience in developing and implementing category strategies AND being able to demonstrate reasoning behind the strategies
- Flexible to be hands-on in delivery of strategic sourcing activity, with broad indirects experience – any experience in MRO or cap-ex is an advantage
- Experience of influencing Executive stakeholders to gain approval for change management programmes
- Communicates with passion, gravitas and ownership
- Language skills including Spanish, German or Mandarin are beneficial but not essential
|Fixed Term Duration||8 Months|
|Salary||£75,000 - £95,000|
|Other Benefits||discretionary bonus|