Our client is a reputable and prestigious Services business that is going through a period of transformation, under new ownership, and re-building the Procurement function.
With the arrival of a new CPO (with Board level representation), there is a significance focus on transforming the Procurement function to improve processes, systems, resources and business engagement. They have created a new role for a Head of Procurement to lead the Corporate Services category, and manage a team.
You will influence a varied and challenging spend area in Corporate Services which includes Human Resources, Professional Services and Facilities Management – a spend of c£35m.
It’s ideally suited to an ambitious and charismatic procurement professional looking for a large, green field challenge and people leadership role. You must enjoy transformation, building business engagement and business partnering. This role is NOT about chipping away at prices, it’s about challenging stakeholders, problem solving and look at how procurement can support the overall business objectives.
This role can be based UK-wide but you must be flexible to go into the Basingstoke office potentially once per week.
What you will be doing:
- Lead and manage a team of 2 direct reports but remain hands-on in delivery
- Devise and implement procurement category strategies, gaining business alignment
- Building cross-functional project teams to help manage and deliver against the procurement strategies
- Working closely with Director level stakeholders and regularly updating key teams
- Conducting complex sourcing initiatives
- Proactively interrogate budgets to identify opportunities and risk
Skills and experience required:
- An experienced Procurement professional, able to demonstrate clear career progression, with experience in at least one of the following categories – HR, Professional Services or FM
- Leadership qualities and able to provide direction and communicate effectively
- A track record of building procurement strategies, aligned to business requirements and delivering successfully against these
- Capable of working in a change and transformation culture and not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Out-going, confident and thrives in an entrepreneurial culture
- Graduate calibre
|Salary||£65,000 - £75,000|
|Other Benefits||Pension and healthcare|