An opportunity has arisen for a Head of Indirect Procurement to join a pan-European Pharmaceutical business and drive change in an evolving Procurement function.
The company is on an exciting journey of transition – upgrading internal technology, looking at core business efficiencies across the cost base and moving from locally driven procurement to global strategic spend management. Procurement is working cross-functionally to help drive the change.
This opportunity will involve leading a team of direct reports, give excellent visibility to the Executive Board and to work as part of the Procurement senior leadership team. However, this is a hands-on delivery role too and the successful applicant must be happy to deliver category management strategies in high-spend and/or high-risk indirect spend.
The Head of Indirect Procurement will lead a team to ensure the creation and development of category strategies for all spend areas, integrate Procurement’s sourcing activity within the budget holder’s spend management activity, ensure delivery through the team and develop the team.
What will you be doing:
• Develop the category management team, support team succession planning and help the team create an influencing skill set
• Ensure that the Indirect Procurement team is using the category management process to agree optimised category strategies including implementation plans with actions, timings, targets and measures. Confirm that the team reviews category strategies against targets and develop, as appropriate
• Promote awareness of, and engagement with, Global Indirect Procurement with senior cross-functional and multi-site (pan-European) stakeholders, and develop new integration ideas – stakeholder behaviour has been locally driven, with limited understanding of category management, so change management remains a significant challenge
• Evolve the sourcing vision and develop formal procurement processes, where appropriate, for example, Vendor Management. Plan and implement a “road map” to best practice
• Be accountable for the sourcing management of key spend categories including supporting the delivery of savings and supplier performance objectives
Skills and experienced required:
• An experienced and senior procurement leader with experience gained in a complex role with a large indirect spend base
• Experience in the pharmaceutical or FMCG or manufacturing sectors is preferred
• Proven experience of managing, engaging and motivating teams
• Experience of influencing Executive stakeholders to gain approval for major change management programmes
• Proven experience in developing and implementing category strategies AND being able to demonstrate reasoning behind the strategies
• Multi-cultural empathy
• Flexible to be hands-on in delivery of strategic sourcing activity
• Communicates with passion, gravitas and ownership
• A good team player
|Salary||£75,000 - £90,000|
|Other Benefits||car allowance £7,000|