Our client is a global and dynamic Financial Services business and they are looking for a bright and ambitious graduate calibre Buyer to join their London procurement team. It is a great time to join because they are expanding their Procurement team and investing in cutting edge procurement technology.
The company culture is sociable and friendly and they actively encourage learning and development. This is a fantastic opportunity for a graduate calibre procurement professional, with confident communication skills, to be empowered, support as well as own strategic sourcing projects and work with senior stakeholders across the UK, Europe and USA. Soft skills are critical for this role and it is ideally suited to someone with excellent communication skills, energy and professionalism.
You will work with stakeholders across various departments including IT, Market Data, Marketing and Human Resources, to help them spend their budget more effectively. Some areas of spend are more mature than others and you must be a confident communicator who is able to raise the profile of Procurement.
Key responsibilities will include:
- End to end procurement management including spend analysis, market research and analysis, competitive bidding (running RFI, RFP, etc.)
- Working closely with key stakeholders and managing expectations against procurement objectives
- Supporting multiple sourcing projects at the same time
- Managing vendor and contract lifecycle to ensure that contracted terms are being met as well as evaluating potential suppliers
Skills and experience required:
- Graduate calibre with at least 6 to 12 months’ procurement experience, looking to take your next step up the procurement career ladder
- Soft skills are critical for this role – you will be confident, approachable, a highly motivated self-starter and a clear communicator. This is a small, but growing, Procurement function that is sociable and outgoing, so cultural fit is important
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of the end to end procurement process, a passion for procurement and solid analytical skills including Excel
- Able to thrive in a changing business where priorities alter regularly and attention to detail and deadlines are critical. You will also be able to adapt your communication style.
|Salary||Up to £35,000|