One of the world’s best known Charities has a new opportunity for a Global Sourcing Manager to join their Supply Chain category team and drive value across all global regions.
The organisation is going through a large transformation and bringing in best practices across Procurement and Supply Chain. This is a diverse role and a great opportunity to work with a number of high profile and high performing Procurement professionals, who have predominantly joined from blue-chip backgrounds. You will influence categories of spend, support the transformational direction of Procurement and up-skill local procurement teams.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a passion for, or an interest in, emerging market sourcing. The Charity delivers life-saving programmes by proving humanitarian support.
Reporting into the Global Head of the Supply Chain category, you will have a global remit across programme and supply chain related categories including logistics, fleet, distribution and warehouses, shelter, construction, agriculture and food commodities. The purpose of the role is to leverage spend opportunities where possible, across key programme offices as well as build capacity and up-skill in-country programme procurement professionals (at least 300).
- Negotiating strategic agreements across Supply Chain category spend and supporting category strategy development
- Influencing senior stakeholders (senior budget holders, regional / country directors, global functional heads) to obtain support and buy-in for key projects and procurement strategies, and secure credibility through delivery and collaboration
- Build on and develop the supply base to ensure the capacity and flexibility to meet all of the organisations requirements – both in “steady state” and “emergency response” situations
- Develop opportunities through the supply base to support the mission and commercial ambitions.
- Lead the execution of the end-to-end tendering and contracting
- Manage suppliers professionally and proactively to ensure a high level of supplier performance.
- Share best practices across all global categories
- Actively monitor and communicate category insights and trends
- Facilitate post-contract implementation
- Support on the Sustainability agenda for 2020
Skills and experience required:
- Proven Procurement experience in at least one of the following spend areas – supply chain (logistics or distribution or fleet), MRO, construction, medical or pharmaceutical, food or related products, gained in a multi-cultural organisation, preferably in FMCG, Retail or Manufacturing. Candidates with experience in Procurement in Management Consultancy will also be considered
- Awareness of what Procurement is like in a developing world or experience of Procurement in emerging markets (Asia, Africa, South America, etc.)
- Strategic sourcing and some exposure to category management
- A desire to work in the Charity sector and able to explain why
- Adaptable and able to be flexible in working style
- Spanish or French language skills are useful but not essential
- Graduate calibre