Our client is a dynamic and high performing FTSE 100 Technology driven business that is growing rapidly through acquisition, with an ambition to continue growing. There is an opportunity for a Global IT Category Manager to join the Group Procurement team, which reports in at Board level, and work as part of an agile and dynamic company culture.
It is a fantastic opportunity to be at forefront of technology and help drive best practice procurement. IT Procurement is at the centre of the business, helping drive innovation and ambition.
The position will report into the Head of Technology Procurement and work as part of a small team to work on multiple IT procurement projects and optimise 3rd party spend on all IT expenditure across the Group (c£200m), with a specific focus on customer facing IT and services, through the creation of short/mid/long-term optimisation strategies aligned to the objectives of the business.
This will include:
- Scoping out all historic and future Digital IT spend (software focused to include application development, software for personalisation and push technology messages, website etc.). Furthermore, focus on IT Retail spend including self-service machines and new technologies involving virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR)
- Engaging the IT community, and working in partnership, with direct reports to the COO, including CTO level and Directors in the UK, Europe and India
- Creating an IT procurement strategy, ensuring commercial tension and a clear roadmap of activity
- Building a cutting edge knowledge of the supply base, providing informed insights to the IT community, and understanding how to manage risk and liability
- Understand critical areas for technology innovation and build a pipeline of IT innovation opportunities to be shared with the supplier community
- Build a clear picture of global assets with opportunities for synergies and consolidations
The company is expanding globally and this will provide further challenges in North America and Australia.
Who should apply?
- Proven IT procurement experience, shaping IT category strategies, preferably in a technology driven business
- A self-starter, used to working in an agile and fast paced culture but can balance process with agility
- Proven experience of influencing (NOT just responding to) C-level stakeholders
- Exceptional commercial experience including strategy creation, implementation and benefit delivery
- Experience in Total cost of ownership (TCO) modelling to define optimal cost structures
- Experience in a matrix organisation is preferable and able to build a matrix commercial IT community with alignment around value optimisation strategies
- Excellent people and influencing skills across all levels of an organisation
- Highly organised and ambitious
- Graduate calibre
|Salary||£70,000 - £80,000|
|Holidays||25 days, option to buy/sell|
|Other Benefits||Private Healthcare|