An opportunity has arisen for a Global Category Manager to join a mid-sized Pharmaceutical business and focus on the Research & Development (R&D) category.
The company is on an exciting journey of transition, upgrading internal technology and looking at core business efficiencies across the cost base. Procurement is working cross-functionally to help drive the change. This opportunity will offer you excellent visibility to the Executive Board and senior leadership team.
The Global Category Manager will report to the Head of Procurement and take category management responsibility for R&D, with a heavy focus on the Development category. The Development category includes clinical and medical trials. There is a huge opportunity to assess the supply market capability and understand who the business can partner with strategically.
What will you be doing:
- Develop a sound category strategy for the R&D category and be able to explain the procurement process succinctly to internal stakeholders
- Develop strong, long term, collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers across the UK and Europe to develop category management solutions and align to current and future business requirements
- Raise the profile of Procurement by influencing, not reacting to, senior stakeholders including the Director of Development, Development Managers, etc.
- Identify and implement innovative sourcing solutions, develop business cases and outline savings opportunities
- Create negotiation strategies
- Direct accountability and exposure to change management – building a cutting edge knowledge of the supply base, providing value adding insights to the R&D community
- Identification of revenue improvement opportunities i.e. outsourcing, etc.
This is a very exciting time to join the procurement team and you will work in a fast moving, fun company culture where career development is encouraged.
The ideal applicant:
- An experienced procurement professional with experience gained in a complex role with a large spend base, direct or indirect spend
- Experience in the pharmaceutical sector is desirable
- Proven experience in developing and implementing category strategies AND being able to demonstrate reasoning behind the strategies
- Communicates with passion, gravitas and ownership;
- A good team player
|Salary||£55,000 - £70,000|
|Other Benefits||Private Healthcare|