Our client is a dynamic and progressive FTSE business that is going through a large business transformation, following merger and acquisition activity. Due to an internal promotion, there is a requirement for a Category Manager to join the Marketing Procurement category.
The position will report into Head of Marketing and Content Procurement and work as part of a wider team of 25 Procurement professionals. You will be aligned to the Content Procurement category, which is made up of Gaming and Sports – a spend of more than £300m. Sports content includes any content that is broadcast in store or steamed via the company’s websites or mobile apps as well as the data and feeds. Gaming content is the provision of 3rd party games that are hosted on the company’s platform.
You will create short/mid/long-term optimisation strategies aligned to the objectives of the business.
This will include:
- Become the “go to” person for commercially related matters regarding Content
- Obtain a holistic view of the spend and supplier base across the Group (all markets and brands) and identify synergies
- Maintain excellent relationships with internal stakeholders, up to Director level, and suppliers
- Build a cutting-edge knowledge of the supply base, market trends and provide valuable insight for the Content stakeholders
- Understand critical areas for innovation and build a pipeline of opportunities to be shared with the supplier community
- Operate agile and commercial processes, including strategy creation, implementation and benefit delivery. There will be a large focus on supplier management, managing Return on Investment and enabling innovation
- Build a clear picture of the category with opportunities for synergies and consolidations
The company is expanding globally and this will provide further challenges.
Who should apply?
- Graduate calibre Category/Sourcing Manager with experience in at least one of the following: Content Marketing or Media buying or Rights buying or experience of managing large suppliers with large cost items. Applicants from a background in Sales or Trading will also be considered
- A self-starter, used to working in an agile and fast paced culture and can balance process with agility
- Proven experience of influencing (NOT just responding to) senior stakeholders
- Exceptional commercial experience, able to build cost structures and compare products across suppliers
- Experience in Total cost of ownership (TCO) modelling to define optimal cost structures and value optimisation
- Highly organised and ambitious
|Salary||£58,000 - £68,000|
|Bonus||Up to 27.5%|
|Other Benefits||Private healthcare|