An opportunity has arisen for a Global Category Manager to join a medium-sized international Pharmaceutical business and focus on Indirect spend.
The company is on an exciting journey of transition, upgrading internal technology and looking at core business efficiencies across the cost base. Procurement is working cross-functionally to help drive the change. This opportunity will offer you excellent visibility to the Executive Board and senior leadership team.
The Global Category Manager will report to the Procurement Director, and part of a team of Global Category Managers, and take category management responsibility across a broad range of Indirect spend (indirect spend is c£115m). This will include Facilities Management (FM), Maintenance, Repairs & Operations (MRO), Capital Equipment R&D and potentially outsourced contract manufacturers. There is a huge opportunity to assess the supply market capability and understand who the business can partner with strategically.
What will you be doing:
- Develop sound category strategies for Indirect spend and be able to explain the procurement process succinctly to internal stakeholders
- Develop strong, long term, collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers across the UK and Europe to develop category management solutions and align to current and future business requirements
- Raise the profile of Procurement by influencing, not reacting to, senior stakeholders
- Identify and implement innovative sourcing solutions, develop business cases and outline savings opportunities
- Create negotiation strategies
- Direct accountability and exposure to change management – building a cutting edge knowledge of the supply base, providing value adding insights to the stakeholder communities
- Identification of revenue improvement opportunities i.e. outsourcing, etc.
This is a very exciting time to join the procurement team and you will work in a culture where career development is encouraged.
The ideal applicant:
- An experienced procurement professional with experience gained in a complex role with a large spend base, direct or indirect spend. Experience in the FM, Cap-ex or MRO categories is an advantage.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical sector is desirable, but not essential
- Proven experience in developing and implementing category strategies AND being able to demonstrate reasoning behind the strategies
- Communicates with passion, gravitas and ownership;
- A good team player
|Salary||£65,000 - £70,000|
|Bonus||up to 15%|
|Other Benefits||Pension and private healthcare|