One of the UK’s leading Technology companies has an opportunity for a Global Category Manager to lead the HR and Professional Services category. This is an excellent opportunity to join a Procurement team that has a UK and Asia remit and work has part of a high-performing function.
Reporting into the Head of Category Management and Sourcing, you will be accountable for a large global spend of £85m. The spend includes, but is not limited to, Recruitment (permanent and contingent labour), Consultancy, Legal Services, Learning & Development and Employee Benefits.
What will you be doing:
- Develop and implement a Category Strategy Plan covering all elements of category management (define, analysis, execute and manage)
- Engage cross functional and cross business teams in category management activities, contributing and influencing the business to deliver the right supply solution and mitigate supply risk
- Use a range of tools to analyse the defined category (spend, market and supplier analysis)
- Develop category strategy and document associated value for money proposition
- Execute category sourcing strategy in line with company processes
- Develop and undertake supplier capability assessments
- Create negotiation strategies and lead those negotiations
- Manage supplier performance (review progress, assess progress and close contract)
- Management of supply base within the category and associated supplier assurance
- Be a champion for the global procurement transformation project, with a particular focus on embedding category management across the businesses
- Be an Ambassador of the Procurement organisation with internal stakeholders and external suppliers
- Support development of material for category management to standardise processes, document lessons learned and good practice and deliver improved operational efficiency
- Own and deliver the category in year savings plan
Skills and experience required:
- A proven ability to lead and execute strategic sourcing initiatives in the HR Services category
- Excellent stakeholder management, communication, challenging and influencing skills. Ability to translate complex procurement guidance into simple, straightforward and practical advice.
- A proven record of delivering value for money, commercially astute with excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- CIPS Qualified or working towards qualification.
- Understanding of key Procurement processes, and how these fit into the wider organisations processes
- Ability to work at all levels in the organisation
- Leading a cross functional, cross business unit team of professionals within the business
- Influencing senior leaders within the business
- Promoting the role of procurement across the organisation and the value add
- Prioritise, analyse and validate material, producing headline/summary reports for a senior audience
- Identify problems in order to suggest and implement opportunities for continuous improvement
- Be bold and innovative in the approach to problem solving, setting an example for other members of the procurement function to follow
- Excellent organisation skills, ability to manage multi tasks at the same time
- Developed communication and diplomacy skills in order to persuade and influence
- Capacity to work using own initiative and as part of a larger team
- Resilience and perseverance
- Ability to build relationships and create networks
N.B. The role is based in London SE1 but you will need to be flexible to be in Guildford for 2 to 3 days per week
|Salary||Up to £70,000|
|Other Benefits||Private healthcare|