Our client is a prominent Restaurant organisation with a global footprint. They are a renowned and reputable brand with an agile and busy company culture but with a huge emphasis on people development and work/life balance. They have a brand new requirement for an Assistant Purchasing Manager in the Equipment and Decor category.
Reporting into the Senior Purchasing Manager, this is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious buyer to apply strategic sourcing skills and learn more about category management. The Equipment and Décor category is challenging and interesting and includes all the equipment for restaurants including white goods, ovens, crockery, furniture, catering consumables, etc. as well as fixtures and fittings.
What you will be doing:
- Be responsible for managing a defined sub-category or categories of spend in Equipment and Décor
- Work closely with suppliers to manage performance and reduce total cost of ownership, with a focus on cost savings and product quality
- Collate and analyse data to support the delivery of the long-term category strategy and build a good understanding of cost structures, supply/value chains, etc.
- Strategic sourcing, benchmarking and creating long-term supplier partnerships
- Working closely with key stakeholders across Europe
Skills and experience required:
- 18 months + experience in strategic procurement, preferable with some exposure to buying finished product although procurement experience in facilities management will be considered
- Experience in the Restaurant or Food sectors is an advantage
- Experience of working in a service-oriented organisation with demanding customers
- Degree calibre (Bachelor’s Degree)
- Commercially aware with solid analytical skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills and not afraid to challenge and push back, when required, but also a team-player
- Confident problem-solver who thrives in a fast-paced company culture
|Other Benefits||Excellent Training and development|